[ubuntu-uk] Packages for Java and Postgresql

surfer pmulvey at gofast.co.uk
Wed May 15 16:38:48 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-05-15 at 17:30 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 15 May 2013 17:20, Rowan Berkeley <rowan.berkeley at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Actually, you can't get Synaptic via the Software Center. I'm sure Patrick
> > tried that before posting. Indeed, we all tried it, and the absence of
> > Synaptic from the Software Center has occasioned a lot of unfavourable
> > comment. But of course you can get it with the terminal.
>
> You can't?
>
> I mean, I never use the S/W Centre myself, but reading that, I just
> opened it and typed in "Synaptic" and there it was. I didn't even have
> to click on the "technical items" link at the bottom (or whatever it's
> called.)
>
> Now, I already have it installed, but it was there, with a full
> description and a star rating and so on. 5 stars, 266 votes. That
> implies to me that lots of people have seen it and rated it.
>

> --
> Liam Proven • Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
> Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven
> MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • Skype/AIM/Yahoo/LinkedIn: liamproven
> Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Liam

Thank you for your contribution. However, for some reason it does not
seem to appear in my version of the Software Centre and I find that
strange as I have two separate desktops.

More to the point I cannot find much of interest in either of my
Software Centres, only toys - certainly nothing to do with either java
development or Postgresql.

However, sorry for the moans, but many thanks.