[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Tweak not working after upgrade from precise to quantal

pete smout psmouty at live.com
Sun May 12 11:46:24 UTC 2013

On 12/05/13 12:13, Colin Law wrote:
> On 12 May 2013 11:40, pete smout <psmouty at live.com> wrote:

>>> What does
>>> apt-cache policy ubuntu-tweak
>>> show?  Copy/paste the complete output please.
>>>
>>> Colin
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here's my output:
>>
>> pete at petes-lappy:~$ apt-cache policy ubuntu-tweak
>> ubuntu-tweak:
>>    Installed: 0.8.4-1~quantal1
>>    Candidate: 0.8.4-1~quantal1
>>    Version table:
>>   *** 0.8.4-1~quantal1 0
>>          500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/tualatrix/ppa/ubuntu/ quantal/main i386
>> Packages
>>          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>>       0.4.7.3-1~getdeb1 0
>>          500 http://downloadue.info/repo/ quantal/all i386 Packages
>> pete at petes-lappy:~$
>
> That looks ok, I presume you have tried
> sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
> to make sure everything else is up to date.
>
> Other than that I don't know.  I have not got a 12.10 to check it on.
> Perhaps you should just upgrade to 13.04 (which is more stable that
> 12.10 in my experience anyway).
>
> Colin

Hi,

Thanks for the advise, that was my aim in the end, I am trying to see
how many times a system can be updated (started out as 11-04!) can
always reinstall!

Interestingly I have tried to install 12-- 3 times now fresh and each
time wont boot after install, so I am half surprised it works at all!!
although I did get Xubuntu 12.04 on a £10-50 pc tower from gumtree ?? so
I dont think it's an older hardware issue but might be now I have
'learned to love' Unity!

Pete