[ubuntu-uk] Packard Bell, what wonderful support!

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Fri May 10 09:57:17 UTC 2013

On 10/05/13 10:48, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 10/05/13 10:40, Gareth France wrote:
>> After the way you spoke to me last time Alan, I'd rather run over my
>> hard drive with my car! Rude was not the word.
>>

> Ok, so at this point I have numerous reply options available to me.
> They are varied in their approach however I'm choosing to go with the
> following:-
>
> "I apologise if I have upset you in the past. I am making a genuine
> offer to assist in the predicament you're currently in by offering to
> send you a piece of equipment, gratis. That offer still stands. I'll
> even pay the postage."
>
> Have a nice day.
Ok, well thank you for the offer. As I have stated to a number of people
during this discussion I shall be fine without any donated kit. My
machine is booked for collection on Monday anyway so there wouldn't be
time to re-jig everything anyway.

I'm sorry if I come across a bit harsh sometimes but that conversation
really did baffle me, I left feeling rather hurt.