[ubuntu-uk] Packard Bell, what wonderful support!

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Fri May 10 09:12:01 UTC 2013

On 10/05/13 10:05, Sean Miller wrote:
> On 10 May 2013 10:01, Sean Miller <sean at seanmiller.net
> <mailto:sean at seanmiller.net>> wrote:
>
>     Also, regarding 0845 a simple Google search pulls up this website
>     http://www.weq4u.co.uk/ which allows you to call a landline number
>     (0333 5432111) and then when it answers type in an 0845 number and
>     it'll connect... so it isn't exactly rocket science, is it?
>

> Another number is 0131 516 3461
>
> Again, allows calls to 0845 numbers via. a geographical number for free...
>
> It's just a case of "helping yourself", imho... if you work on the
> basis that you're going to find reasons not to let Packard Bell help
> you then it's a trifle unfair to suggest it's their fault.
>
> Sean

I haven't found any reasons for them not to help me. The issue mostly is
with the phone numbers, where many companies use these non-geographic
numbers, creating a barrier between them and some of their customers. It
really does wind me up and this issue could have been solved in 5
minutes, had I been able to sort it out over the phone. Instead it took
a month.

These numbers you suggest, what's in it for them exactly? Who's picking
up the tab when I'm phoning for free?