[ubuntu-uk] Packard Bell, what wonderful support!

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Thu May 9 19:20:49 UTC 2013

scp[1] is more powerful than ftp.

sftp (which most can support) or better vsftp (which some servers support)
are about as safe. ftp is akin to when we used rcp with no encryption and
little check of 'who' that is why it supports anonymous.

That is a very quick 101 on ftp, so before ubuntu-uk goes nuts at my very
simple description of it... [1]

Regards,

Phill.
1. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SSH/TransferFiles