[ubuntu-uk] Dixons/PC World response .....

Gordon Burgess-Parker gbplinux at gmail.com
Thu May 9 09:39:31 UTC 2013

On 05/06/2013 01:55 PM, Barry Drake wrote:
> On 02/05/13 16:14, alan c wrote:
>> I have often got undesirable responses from almost ANY 'shops' selling
>> PCs, although I have not tried much now that Android is blossoming so
>> well, and Chromebooks.
>
> I have posted my actions in full at: Ubuntu bug #1 - see:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1

I find it very interesting that nearly four years ago, when I bought my
Toshiba Netbook with Ubuntu Remix from Dixons, they were selling like
hot cakes, far better than the equivalent Windows machines.
Then suddenly, overnight, they disappeared. Now what retailer would
remove a best-selling line instantly like that, /unless /there was some
sort of external pressure to do so? ;-(