[ubuntu-uk] Fwd: Re: Lack of Linux support on Advent Touch printers

Tyler J. Wagner tyler at tolaris.com
Tue May 7 11:30:24 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-07 12:05, Barry Drake wrote:
> On 07/05/13 10:45, Tyler J. Wagner wrote:
>> Another reply from Kodak. Interesting to learn that Kodak is leaving the
>> inkjet market.
>
> Excellent result!  I got no reply at all from Kodak.  Maybe you could
> forward Kodak's reply to the Ubuntu-UK list?

Certainly. It is attached here for all to see.

> It is interesting that Kodak
> were intending to introduce Linux drivers with the next product (which
> won't now happen).

Kodak is leaving the inkjet market. But it sounds like they do intend to
introduce support for laser. Or I'm reading into that. I'll ask.

> Maybe things are moving better in our direction than we
> were aware.  We need to keep the pressure up with the high-street stores
> though.  Pressure for peripherals support seems to work well if carried out
> courteously.

I agree that pressuring the companies involved is a good use of time and
needs to be done. I disagree that talking to the salespeople on the shop
floor does any good at all. That's just tilting at windmills. You might
educate that one person, but I seriously doubt the feedback makes it upstream.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"[...] the effectiveness of pat-downs does not matter very much, because
the obvious goal of the TSA is to make the pat-down embarrassing enough