[ubuntu-uk] Interesting 13.04 bug(s)

Rowan Berkeley rowan.berkeley at gmail.com
Sun May 5 06:55:15 UTC 2013

I've had this/these, today. First you find there's no sound, then if you
go to restart, you find the shutdown sequence hangs, and you have to use
the power button to switch the machine off. Only advice offered at this
point is to revert to the previous kernel.

I have noticed previously that the shutdown sequence seemed kinda buggy:
too fast, no purple Ubuntu shutdown screen, no messages after speech
dispatcher (ie no "system is going down for halt NOW!" for instance);
just the speech dispatcher message, then a click, like that of a hard
shutdown from the power button, and total offness. But I haven't noticed
the sort of errors that usually result during the following session
after a hard shutdown.