[ubuntu-uk] Mouse scrolling in man pages

Jim Price d1version at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 16:49:37 UTC 2013

Hi,
I'm using Gnome terminal in Mythbuntu 12.04 and mouse-wheel scrolling
works fine for scrolling back and forward through terminal history, but
whenever I view a manpage, the mouse wheel no longer scrolls. I've
Googled, and discovered that man uses less to display the pages, but all
the things I've tried from Googling have failed to solve the issue. I've
tried setting options using the LESS environment variable, lesskey, and
played with the scrolling settings in Gnome terminal, but all to no
avail. The same issue happens in XFCE terminal, so I think it might be
something to do with less rather than the terminal used. Can anyone
suggest what might be happening here or does anyone know of a solution?

--
JimP