[ubuntu-uk] Public library OS choice

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Wed Jun 12 13:22:41 UTC 2013

On 12/06/13 12:43, Avi Greenbury wrote:
> If Windows 8 does have a prohibitively-steep learning curve (and I
> don't believe it does) then they will probably simply upgrade to
> Windows 7.

When buying a printer a few weeks ago, I asked PcWorld if I could use
the internet to check compatibility.  They gave me a machine running
Windows 8.  I have to say I took to it very easily.  It wasn't as nice
as Unity, but it was far better than XP or Windows 7.  However, I can
now understand Windows users finding a problem with it, after all, Unity
received a similar thumbs-down.  I believe any Windows user who stick
with Windows 8 for a couple of weeks is going to enjoy it!

However, we need to take full advantage.  The user is going to have to
work with a huge change anyway, so why not make that change to Ubuntu?
Anyone with a smartphone running Android or iOS is going to take to
Ubuntu instantly, and more easily than to Win 8.

Regards,        Barry.