[ubuntu-uk] Public library OS choice

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Mon Jun 10 21:58:32 UTC 2013

On 10/06/13 22:54, Muñiz Piniella, Andrés wrote:

> Hello all,
> I was hoping some of you could help me clear this up.
>
> My local library is one of the only libraries that is actually getting
> bigger in the near future. One of the improvements is that they are
> going to install some new computers. I asked if there was a chance of
> it being a good chance of installing on those computers something
> other than windows.
>
> The response I got was that the people's network was a government
> funded initiative and that they where not given the option of
> installing anything other windows.
>
> This is richmond upon Thames council. Is it the same for you?
>
> Anybody know about this?
>
> I was referred to the council info email.

This is off at a slight tangent, but

Any chance of getting some raspberry pis and some hdml input tv's etc
and allow kids to do programming,

in torbay we have tv's connected to consoles like xboxes.

so why not raspberry pis

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.