[ubuntu-uk] Inline posting

mac ammonius.grammaticus at gmx.co.uk
Sat Jul 20 12:37:47 UTC 2013

On 20/07/13 13:22, pete smout wrote:
> I am sure that the intention is not to scare people away, just to make
> the threads easier to follow when looking things up in the future!

Yes, I agree - it really is a matter of making a discussion easier to
follow by keeping it in order down the page in the way a natural
conversation proceeds in real time.

But one thing that really, really helps is to edit what you're replying
to, so that what you quote contains just enough of the whole sequence
for your reply to make sense.  Scrolling down through 'House That Jack
Built' email replies is tedious and time-consuming; and the continual
repetition of the whole tale in every single reply is a profligate waste
of server capacity!

mac