[ubuntu-uk] Inline posting

mac ammonius.grammaticus at gmx.co.uk
Sat Jul 20 06:36:12 UTC 2013

On 20 Jul 2013, at 03:48, Steven Roberts <cwmbranmathstutor at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, has anyone else been too worried about using the wrong protocol on here?

This issue is a hardy perennial. There seem to be two worlds: one that maintains the original and ancient traditions of the early internet, and puts replies (preferably only plain text) below the original post; and one - containing the majority of the commercial, business and government world - that follows conventions introduced by Microsoft, and replies in HTML above the original.

Here, we are hard-core traditionalists: plain text replies below original. We sometimes have to remind people to do it.

There is, of course, no right answer - these are the conventions and traditions of different cultures. Anyway, when in France, be polite and speak French! ;)

mac