[ubuntu-uk] Installing a wireless driver on a machine converted to Ubuntu from Windows

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Tue Jan 29 12:34:05 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 12:19 PM, Rowan Berkeley wrote:
>  But if you
> have the time, may I direct your attention to the first post on this
> thread, which is what I followed with the appropriate changes of driver
> name (and the omission of the blacklist instruction, which would have
> blacklisted my own new driver):
> Now when I ran the sudo make and sudo make install instructions, the
> terminal churned out a hundred lines or so of responses, many of which
> were warnings of one sort or another, but eventually returned to its
> normal status, ready for further instructions. So something must have
> happened, approximately corresponding to an installation. But if I can't
> even find the driver with modinfo, under the name it is clearly given as
> having, I have a problem. Is there a master change log I can look at
> which will tell me what I actually achieved or failed to achieve
> yesterday?

I suspect something will have gone wrong during the make  - it isn't
always obvious in the mass of output you get from a build that something
has actually failed. If you run it again and put the output into a
pastebin [1]  I'll have a look and see if I can spot anything.

Robert

[1] http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/