[ubuntu-uk] Installing Ubuntu on a machine with Windows 9

Bill Baker boosys at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 19:26:04 UTC 2013

> I did that. And I switched off the "quick boot" option in the Windows
> 8 Control Panel. too -- this is another essential which other
> sufferers might miss because it isn't part of the boot options. i
> think I did all the things recommended by those who say it should boot
> given these settings are set properly. But it still didn't.

Rowan, at this point I would - *if my machine* - see if I could boot a
gparted live disk or similar & trash the disk. If you have a machine
that should "play" [perhaps having backed up the w* elsewhere if really
wanted and external disk available] but doesn't "play": remove the main
offender and try your options from there.

I speak without having experience of your particular problem - but I
speak from instinct - so treat this advice as an option but please seek
confirmation from others.
--
Regards,
Bill B. [SuperEngineer]