[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu operating system comes to Android smartphones

Bruno Girin brunogirin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 12:53:51 UTC 2013

On 04/01/13 09:06, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 03/01/13 21:48, Bruno Girin wrote:
>> Very interesting! It would be even better if Richard Collins didn't
>> sound like a politician and actually answered the questions though.
>>

> Harsh. Some questions are not easy to answer right now, a year before
> we predict these things will hit the shelves. For example if we commit
> to a straight yes/no in answer to things like "will I have root
> access" then it will come back to bite us in 6 months if some phone
> vendor or software partner decides that's not going to be the case for
> whatever reason.

Yes, maybe it's a bit harsh, sorry. And I do understand that he can't
answer everything right now but if that's the case, there's no problem
in saying so rather than providing an answer that doesn't address the
actual question. Regardless, it was a very interesting interview.

> Some community people (thanks Alan Bell) have collated some frequently
> asked questions and links to media reaction here:-

Brilliant! I corrected a few typo and updated the answer about the
emulator based on a comment from Michael Hall in G+ yesterday.

Cheers,

Bruno