[ubuntu-uk] 13.04 behaves differently...

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 14:56:07 UTC 2013

I've taken the plunge and upgraded, mostly out of boredom I think. It
seems rather shakey at the moment. Sound works, then it doesn't. Intel
video needs much prodding before it's usable and today everything was
running at half speed for a while.

However what intrigues me is that there are a number of subtle behaviour
changes and I'm unsure if they are intentional or not. I have a bash
script sat on my desktop, I double click it and it performs magic that I
am too lazy to do myself. Now I have upgraded it will load in Gedit if I
double click. Right clicking reveals no useful options and I have had to
resort to loading a terminal to launch it. Is this by design? If so,
what is the logic behind it?