[ubuntu-uk] Zoostorm laptop at ebuyer.com

Rowan Berkeley rowan.berkeley at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 16:18:54 UTC 2013

On 01/02/13 15:54, Paula Graham wrote:
> I dunno, doesn't seem a huge burden to me - the driver's in a handy
> folder - it takes all of 20 secs to compile - prefer it to opening a
> brand new laptop with a perfectly good Realtek chip (and I'm clumsy
> with hardware). Will just tolerate mild inconvenience, upgrade when
> 13.04 comes out with kernel 3.8 and native driver - problem solved,
> feisty laptop with no MS tax for under £400 ;) Paula

Well, then, Paula, may I request you write a Wireless Installation
Wizard, of as general application as possible, ie providing guidance for
everybody with a converted machine and no wireless, with all the
commands listed verbatim, for those of us confused by the scrappy and
conflicting instructions on how to do it that are scattered across
Ubuntu Forums? For my part, I have downloaded a copy of "The Linux
Command  Line" by William E Shotts, which will gradually teach me how to
do all this for myself. I stress: gradually.