[ubuntu-uk] 11 - 13" Notebook Recommendations?

Deryk Foote deryk.foote at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 18:19:24 UTC 2013

Ubuntu is great at a lot of things, but keeping my cinder block of an old
Dell from kicking the proverbial bucket isn't one of them. Alas...I suppose
it's time to move on.

I'm trying to find the most practical, linux-friendly machine possible for
under £500, with a screen between 11" and 13.3". It doesn't need to be
fantastic at anything in particular, as long as it's light and can handle a
bit of travel.

It's mostly going to be a basic work machine; word processing and
spreadsheets, web browsing, a bit of video and photo tweaking, and lots of
command-line work.

Right now I'm taking a look at the Lenovo Edge
E335<http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/thinkpad/edge-series/e335/>,
but I'd love any recommendations or advice you have to offer - thanks in
advance!

--
Deryk