[ubuntu-uk] using workspaces.

Andres a75576 at alumni.tecnun.es
Sun Dec 8 00:06:47 UTC 2013

Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org> escribió:

>>     I am starting to make use of more than one workspace and would
>like
>>     to know whether each space should behave as if it were an
>individual
>>     computer. I ask because if that should be the case then there may
>be
>>     something wrong with my set up. For example I am using my web
>>     browser on space 1. Leaving the web browser running, I change to
>>     space 2 to read my email. There is a link to a web page in one of
>>     the emails so I click on it and the page that was open in space 1
>>     appears.
>>
>>     The web browser is Google Chrome.
>>
>>     Norman
>>
>>     --
>>

>> That is exactly what happens.  I have my mail in space 1 and my
>browser
>> in space 2.  When I click on a link in an email I don't really want
>the
>> system to plonk another browser window over the mail client, so I'm
>> quite happy with this behaviour.  But there are times when windows
>> behave independently, like if you use Alt-Tab to switch between
>programs
>> it will only scroll through the programs running in that window.
>>
>> Tony
>>
>Thanks folks, I get the message.
>
>Norman

I seem to recall configureing atl+tab to cycle through all programs independantly of which workspace they are in. I can look it up if useful. It should be only useful if you run a small amount of programs at the samd time.
Also, if I remember correctly, you can 'tear' out a tab from a web browser and drag it to a new workspace as a new window.

I think, though I have not used it, that kde (kubuntu) had the multiple desktops organized in activites which should do (if not, by tweaking) what you mentioned of 'as if it was an individual computer'.

Then there is the virtual machine stuff that I know even less about.

--
Enviado desde mi teléfono con K-9 Mail.