[ubuntu-uk] Anybody seen this, thought it might be shown, as nobody has mentioned it on here yet.....

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 22 09:27:40 UTC 2013

On 21 August 2013 22:12, scoundrel50a <scoundrel50a at gmail.com> wrote:
> ..
> I'm sorry but if you think that Peter Maddison's reply to me was acceptable
> then I dont see the point in saying anything, and you shot me down yourself.
> Which is why I answered the way I did.

The only post I can see from Peter Maddison was a reply to Pete
Smout's post not yours, and anyway it was the content of the link he
was commenting on not anyone's post here.  Note also that I commented
on his post, pointing out that it did not make sense, but it was still
not an attack on you.  I don't see where I shot you down.

> I dont see any posts on here that warn people that Linux isnt completely
> safe and whenever its bought up, people are treated like they are idiots and
> its always those people that are knowledgeable about Linux.....the rest of
> us are treated like I have been now.

I agree entirely that it is possible to get Malware on a Linux PC, so
one should always be careful where one is installing software from.
As I said before I don't see where you have been treated like an
idiot, and if you got the impression that I was treating you like an
idiot then I apologise sincerely.

Colin