[ubuntu-uk] OpenSSH Problems

J Fernyhough j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 15:46:48 UTC 2013

On 21 August 2013 15:43, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 21 August 2013 15:36, Nigel Verity <nigelverity at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I am on the lookout for a bit of advice on using SSH/SFTP to transfer large
>> files between devices on my home network.
>
> Have a look at rsync, it is generally much quicker than ftp.
>
> Colin

While I agree that rsync is excellent, I'm not sure this is the root
of the problem. I've had the same thing when transferring files over
SSH; generally rsync works better though, so I've never gone further
to work out what's happening. I do know, though, that when I used to
use samba for file sharing rather than SSH, samba was considerably
more consistent (it was also faster due to lack of encryption, though
I'm sure there's a way of speeding up SSH too).