[ubuntu-uk] Anybody seen this, thought it might be shown, as nobody has mentioned it on here yet.....

Daniel Llewellyn diddledan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 13:12:35 UTC 2013

On 21 August 2013 11:32, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 21 August 2013 09:34, pete smout <psmouty at live.com> wrote:
> > On 21/08/13 08:27, Colin Law wrote:

> your system then there's a VERY high chance you could infect your system
> with ANY virus.
> >>
> >> I don't think that is what you meant to say, but I am not sure what
> >> you did mean.
> >>
> >> Colin
> >>
> > I think he meant UN-official repos!
>
> Even then it  doesn't make sense - unless you never use the
> UN-official repo .. then your are likely to get a virus.  I really
> don't know whether he is saying we are most unlikely to get a virus or
> we are very likely to.

And that's the problem with starting with a negative and then negating it!

I believe the intention was similar to the following:

"If you REGULARLY use UNOFFICIAL REPOs and you are totally careless with
your system then there's a VERY high chance you WILL infect your system
with a virus of some sort"

--
Daniel Llewellyn