[ubuntu-uk] UEFI bios update

James Morrissey morrissey.james1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 11:45:24 UTC 2013

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me.

This may work flawlessly.  However (and it's a big however) it may not.
To combat this I would suggest that before you did anything you back
up your systems and ensure you have install mediums for both windows 7
and Ubuntu. This would at least mean that the systems can be
reinstalled and your data retrieved if the worst should happen. combat this
I would suggest that before you did anything you back
up your systems and ensure you have install mediums for both windows 7
and Ubuntu. This would at least mean that the systems can be
reinstalled and your data retrieved if the worst should happen.
- This is frustrating as all my install media are packed in a box which is
being shipped from overseas.

 I would also suggest though that if you had no issues on Quantal but
are in Raring that it may be a kernel issue.  Just because it is
stable for everyone else doesn't mean it is for that particular
machine,  So I would file a bug first and see if there is any news
from that before you go all kung-fu on the bios/uefi system.
"ubuntu-bug linux" in a terminal will file most of the information on
a kernel bug for you.
- I thought as much, but the first instruction under filling bugs is that
you update your BIOS (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs)

Anyway, i have now filed a bug (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1174275).

If anyone has any other advice i'd welcome it.

On 29 April 2013 13:21, Dave Morley <davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk> wrote:

www.ppeuk.org <http://www.peliteracy.org>