[ubuntu-uk] native resolutions

Tyler J. Wagner tyler at tolaris.com
Wed Apr 24 10:02:38 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-24 10:58, pete smout wrote:
> Then having completely had enough I decided to put the 2 lines of script in
> a text file (xrandr --addmode <MODELINE>)(xrandr --newmode
> <resolution_refreshrate>) and make this file executable via the properties
> menu in nautilus. You can view this at
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80216532/TVBashScript
> (DISCLAIMER although I posted this to help point anyone in the right
> direction the settings are for my system, and unlikely to work on someone
> elses)

Consider calling that script from ~/.xsessionrc, and you'll have it every
time you login.

> Please note this is my experience and the lightdm issue may well have been
> a coincidence (I cannot see how editing xorg.conf would bork lightdm) but
> it was the only change made when rebooting the machine!

Changes in xorg.conf are applied BEFORE lightdm starts. Changes you run
with xrandr in a desktop are applied AFTER you've logged in. That's how it
can bork it. But it was odd.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Any advert in a public space that gives you no choice whether you see it
or not is yours. It’s yours to take, re-arrange and re-use. You can do