[ubuntu-uk] input problem

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 16 20:23:57 UTC 2013

On 7 April 2013 15:45, norman silverstone <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
> < very big snip >
>
> I have just booted the PC for the first time in 24 hours running Ubuntu
> 12.04 and the keyboard and mouse buttons behave as they should. CPU activity
> is very low and there is no swap activity. I will leave the machine running
> to see what happens.

Coincidentally my daughter has just started seeing this on her 12.04
machine (everything hanging except mouse movement).  Research has lead
me to [1].  If you have nvidia graphics and are using the nouveau
driver then it you may be seeing the same issue.

Colin

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-nouveau/+bug/994306