[ubuntu-uk] Sorely disappointed with U1 Music Store

Simon Greenwood sfgreenwood at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 20:58:23 UTC 2013

On 12 April 2013 20:40, SuperEngineer <boosys at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have just been trying to purchase an download from U1 Music Store.
> When it should have started downloading I got "an error has occurred"
> instead.
> [It doesn;t actually help with what the error is!] So I assumed "hmmm,
> must have got card number wrong or some other numpty detail"...
> So having re-entered all from scratch [v. carefully]... same error & no
> indication as to why - just "an error has occurred".
> All links on the "click here" might as well have been answered by the
> single sentence "fooled you!"
>
> ...AND THE WORRYING BIT....
> my bank account has now been debited with two pending purchases exactly
> matching the failed Ubuntu One Music Store amounts.
> Whilst I know the obvious answer is "but we don't deal with that side,
> that's 7digital Ltd's problem.
>
> WRONG!  It is Ubuntu's problem -they originate the sale - and now they
> have entirely lost my trust in anything they do.
> ..and people are expected to trust search lenses!
>
> Not me - Canonical has just lost SuperEngineer's trust: zero trust left.
> Not me - Canonical has just lost SuperEngineer's confidence in them.

I wondered if the 7Digital account is the same as the U1 Music account and
it isn't - I tried to find an LP on U1 a few months ago and it wasn't there
so I bought it through 7Digital. It is there now but not in my U1 account
so yes, it should be U1's responsibility. Also, have you checked on the U1
website as I'm not convinced that Rhythmbox has been updated with the new
system.

s/

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood