[ubuntu-uk] new Laptop

Bruno Girin brunogirin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 20:38:29 UTC 2012

On 28/09/12 09:34, Alan Lord wrote:

> On 27/09/12 19:22, Simon Redmond wrote:
>> looking at a new laptop that's a pretty nice deal, it has an Intel HD
>> 3000/4000 video card as standard and I was wondering what the support
>> was like under Ubuntu?
>
> FWIW I just upgraded my kids' PC with a new mobo and an Intel Core i3
> 2125 which has the HD3000 GPU and it is running very nicely indeed on
> 12.04. It's delivering very agreeable performance for an integrated
> GPU :-)

Same here. My laptop is a Lenovo with a Core i5-2520M (2nd gen Intel
Core) which has HD3000 graphics too and it has run 11.10, 12.04 and now
12.10 amd64 with no problem whatsoever. In fact, everything works
brilliantly, including wi-fi (Centrino Ultimate-N 6300), the HDMI port
(including sound via HDMI), and the built-in webcam.

Cheers,

Bruno