[ubuntu-uk] Missing post

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 16:02:05 UTC 2012

On 26/10/12 15:25, Alan Lord wrote:
> On 26/10/12 15:14, Alan Bell wrote:
>> On 26/10/12 13:21, Gareth France wrote:
>>> I posted on here last night about a problem I'm having but it hasn't
>>> shown up. Are we not allowed to attach photos to the email or
>>> something?
>>>
>> Stuff over 40k gets held for moderation, I released it this morning. (it
>> was 65k or so I think)
>> When a 40k attachment gets mailed to 1000 people that is a distributed
>> storage load of 40MB, so mailing lists tend to have size limits.
>
> The more normal approach is to use an online pastebin or imagebin of
> some description (or you could use your Ubuntu One account for
> example) and simply provide a URL to the document/image in your message.
>
> Al

I had considered that approach but worked on the theory of 'try it and
see if it goes first'. I still can't see my post, or any replies to it.
Would anyone be kind enough to tell me if I have any?

On a side note my thunderbird install is behaving oddly. I have several
folders set up in gmail with filters to direct the mail. Even though my
machine is set to auto refresh all my mail accounts every 10 mins and
I've manually used 'get all mail' a number of times I had NO EMAIL from
email. However clicking on the freecycle folder unleased a tsunami of
emails, clicking on the ubuntu folder where these posts go did something
similar.