[ubuntu-uk] Wireless problem in 12.10

James Morrissey morrissey.james1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 19:51:46 UTC 2012

Thanks for all your help David but i am not having much joy here:

>  bTry uninstalling broadcom-sta
broadcom-sta-* was not installed.

The driver that it installs when i go through: software sources -->
Additional drivers, is "bcmwl-kernel-source"

Both with "bcmwl-kernel-source" installed and without it i get no
wireless whether or not i have "b43-fwcutter" and
"firmware-b43-installer" installed.

Any ideas?

James.