[ubuntu-uk] The Quantal Quetzal takes flight - the London release party for Ubuntu 12.10

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 19:49:10 UTC 2012

i'm at th george. Where is everyone?

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012, Alan Bell <alanbell at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing we have settled on a venue for the
London release party for 12.10, it will be at the George Inn, London's last
galleried coaching in, as visited by Charles Dickens (dunno how exclusive
that is, anyone know if he was into pub crawls?)

> The date will be the 18th of October, which is just over a couple of
weeks away and as usual we will be joined by the team from Canonical who
will no doubt be rather gasping for some refreshment after the last minute
stress of the release.

> details and sign up sheet here (not that you have to sign up or anything,
you can just turn up)
> http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-uk/2006/detail/
>
> I will try and sort out name badges somehow, that would appear to be a
good thing to do. In fact yes, lets do that. For anyone who clicks the
register button on the sign up page there will be a badge with your name on
it waiting for you - I might include IRC nicks if they are on your
launchpad page.

www.cliftonts.co.uk - IT support, Computer sales, PAT Testing