[ubuntu-uk] Changing duplicate RAID UUID

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Fri Oct 5 17:01:06 UTC 2012

I have a RAID mirror in a machine that has ended up with the same UUID as
another one - which is causing a few issues with the fact that I was mounting
via fstab with the UUID. Is there a way of resetting the UUID without
destroying the data on the drive, or am I best to move the data, recreate the
drive and move it back again? My Google FU is not helping today unfortunately
:(

Registered in England  |  Company No: 4905028  |  Registered Office: