[ubuntu-uk] Good general book on Ubuntu/Linux?

Juan R. de Silva juan.r.d.silva at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 06:09:26 UTC 2012

On Wed, 03 Oct 2012 15:21:44 +0100, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

> I'm a reasonable user of Ubuntu - both on my netbook and dual-booting
> with Windows 7 on my main laptop.
> I'm looking for a book on either Ubuntu or Linux in general in the
> "Windows inside out" type of format, i.e. from simple through to fairly
> technical, suitable for a general user - me! I'm slightly concerned
> about forking out £34 for the current Ubuntu 12.04 bible published by
> Sams  as the interface could possibly change again in 14.04!
> Can anyone suggest a good general book, or should I buy a general Linux
> book and if so what would be the recommendations for that, or should I
> just look for on-line information, and if so where's the best place to
> look for the most topics in one place? (I do like big books!)
>
> Cheers
>
> Gordon

IMHO all Linux prints are useless at the best. They are always out of
date before they hit shelves.

The best source is google. All info needed for anyone willing to learn
Linux is freely available on Internet. And there is plenty of it. Do not
waste your hard earned money on any Linux books, especially books for any
particular distro.