[ubuntu-uk] creating a wireless bridge

Matt Wheeler m at funkyhat.org
Sat Nov 24 16:28:27 UTC 2012

On 24 November 2012 14:36, javadayaz <javadayaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> ok so this looks like a bit long winded..
> can i then, connect my laptop to a 360 with an ethernet cable to use its
> connection? Im assuming some sort of "share internet" option is available in
> Ubuntu?

Yes, click on the networking indicator and click edit (connections),
then edit or add a new connection on the wired tab. Under IPv4
settings you can choose "Shared to other computers" as the method,
then save.

In theory that should be all you need to do. Not sure what that has to
do with a spare router though ;)

On 24 November 2012 15:29, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com> wrote:
> I think I've done what is required.  I have two routers.  One is connected
> straight to my incoming modem, and the other is connected to one of the
> ethernet outlets on the first router.  The Windows idea requires two
> ethernet cards on the same computer and is both overly complicated and a bit
> unreliable.  What I have done 'just works'.

That requires a wired connection to the second router, which seems
like what javadayaz is trying to avoid.

--
Matt Wheeler
m at funkyHat.org