[ubuntu-uk] Landscape printing bug fix ...

paul sutton zleap at zleap.net
Thu Nov 22 21:20:07 UTC 2012

On 22/11/12 21:00, Barry Drake wrote:
> On 22/11/12 19:43, Bruno Girin wrote:
>> What's probably happened is that Raring is using a more recent
>> version of CUPS than Quantal and the bug is fixed in the more recent
>> version. Check what versions you have on both. If this is the case,
>> they will not upgrade the version on the stable release (Quantal)
>> because it would require quite a lot of regression testing (you never
>> know what *else* the upgrade might break!). However, you can always
>> mention in the bug report that the bug is fixed in Raring but still
>> present in Quantal and ask whether there is any possibility the fix
>> could be backported. Cheers, Bruno
>
> Actually, it just got worse!  When I noticed the CUPS downloads
> yesterday, I tried printing a landscape document and it worked.  I
> assumed the problem was solved.  Today, the problem is back.  I've no
> idea what had happened.
>
> Regards,        Barry

I have no issue with landscape or portrait under open office writer,
its calc (spreadsheet) that fails to work.  However as neither my cv or
other important docs are in calc,  i can put up with this till its fixed
or i use my workaround,  print via windows box.

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111

http://www.raspberrypi.org