[ubuntu-uk] 64-bit vs 32-bit

Scrase, Eddie escrase.uk at Wentworthlabs.com
Thu Nov 15 12:19:15 UTC 2012

I switched to 64-bit with 12.04, and have not noticed anything at all.

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-uk-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-uk-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of
ubuntu-uk-request at lists.ubuntu.com
Sent: 15 November 2012 12:00 pm
To: ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: 64-bit vs 32-bit

Hi
I'm thinking about upgrading to Xubuntu 12.10. It will be a fresh
install. So far I've always gone for the 32-bit version and had next to
no problems, either with the OS or applications. Conscious of the need
to keep up with the times, I'm considering 64-bit next time. Are there
any real advantages or would I be unlikely to notice any significant
difference?
Regards
Nige