[ubuntu-uk] Chromebook Acer C7 - Ubuntu??

Simon Greenwood sfgreenwood at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 18:06:29 UTC 2012

On 13 November 2012 17:56, alan c <aeclist at candt.waitrose.com> wrote:

> The Acer C7 Chromebook seems to be available in UK.
> Does anyone know if it is possible (or easy) to install ubuntu dual boot
> on this machine please?
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/intl/**en_uk/chrome/devices/acer-c7-**
> chromebook.html#specs<http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/chrome/devices/acer-c7-chromebook.html#specs>

The first question I asked when I saw them. It's a Intel Core processor
(non-specified) but I did wonder whether they're EFI booted and signed only
to ChromeOS, which is ultimately Linux, and was originally an Ubuntu
variant but with a shell that's based on Chrome. I can't imagine there will
be long between the first ones going out and someone putting a 12.10 USB
drive in one.

s/
--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood