[ubuntu-uk] Linux counter

scoundrel50agmail scoundrel50a at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 09:31:13 UTC 2012

On 10/11/12 09:13, SuperEngineer wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-11-10 at 08:42 +0000, scoundrel50agmail wrote:
>> I had an e-mail from Linux counter telling me to update my details,
>> but each time I try to access the site I get page unavailable.....I
>> then tried to e-mail the help/support to get a message back from
>> google saying 'delivery to following recipient failed
>> permanently...... help at counter.li.org Has the linux counter stopped or
>> is there a problem somewhere
>>
>> Thanks
> I also had one of those Linux counter "reminder/notice" emails a while
> back.  It seemed a bit iffy to me & thus took no action whatsoever.
> It nay be genuine,  but I advise caution, especially in view of your
> experience to date.  Maybe somebody else knows what's going on but I
> chose not to find out the painful way.

Hi, I remembered seing that website before so was pretty certain it was
genuine, but I just didnt know the site had been changed.....I went to
the new site, got the.deb package for the lico but the website still
tells me I dont have any computers registered, so have no clue how to
register this computer even with the software