[ubuntu-uk] Mounting drive and closing users

Andres Muniz andresmp at gmail.com
Thu May 31 22:19:58 UTC 2012

Hi,
hopefully this is not something that has come up.

Short: how do I get that when my user closes it also makes drives that were (are) mounted availble for other users to mount?

My long story:
I noticed something yesterday on ubuntu 12.04. My wife mounted our windows drive on her user account she then closed her account(closed not switched) and I open mine and I could not see the windows drive. I switched and opened my wife's account  and found the drive mounted automatically. I select "unmount safely" and colse the user (my wife's) and go back to mine. And there i see the drive: unmounted.

When i say "see" the drive I mean on the file manager: i have not checked for mouning commands on terminal.
Most of the help i have "duck"ed for related to having drives automatically mounted at start up.