[ubuntu-uk] Mounting NFS shares permanently

Tyler J. Wagner tyler at tolaris.com
Mon May 28 08:19:53 UTC 2012

On 2012-05-27 18:45, Ron Wellsted wrote:
> I append the relevant lines to my /etc/fstab file.  e.g.:
>
> nfs.srv.ip.adr:/home/common /home/common    nfs    defaults 0 0

"noatime" is better than "defaults".

http://gnorman.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=154&Itemid=164

Or go it a step further:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/opensource/tuning-nfs-for-better-performance/64

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Scientific theories can be altered by publishing a paper with
reproducible results, and political principles can be changed every two