[ubuntu-uk] Interesting information in The Register that may be useful in evangelism

Barry Titterton barry.titterton at mail.adsl4less.com
Sat May 19 09:33:23 UTC 2012

> Secure Boot doesn't prevent the installation of additional software.
> Everything it does happens before the operating system starts up.
>

> s/
> --
> Twitter: @sfgreenwood
> "TBA are particularly glib"

Yes, UEFI ensures that only the 'correct' OS starts, but after that, as
I understand it, the OS takes over responsibility for allowing only
trusted software to be installed and run. I gather that Win8 will
default to only allow apps from the Windows store, although this can be
changed if you dig deep enough into the settings, but this will still
only allow trusted digitally signed software. Plenty of opportunity to
influence matters.