[ubuntu-uk] Quantal ....

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri May 18 16:14:04 UTC 2012

On 18 May 2012 16:56, Tony Pursell <ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> On 18 May 2012 16:10, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > You'll probably find something in /var/crash with a name which gives
>> > away the culprit.
>>
>> I'll have a look but TBH I am not much bothered. :¬)
>>

> There is a details button that will give you more information about what is
> being reported.  This is the same as in the .crash file in /var/crash, but
> most of the .crash file is taken up with a core dump which is a pain to
> scroll through with 'less'.  But if anyone is that interested there is a
> command apport-unpack, which splits up a crash file into separate files for
> easy reading.

[Nod]

The first few times, I clicked it and had a read. Something I've never
heard of that is part of something I never use has died. I could, as
the colonials say, care less.

(IOW, I am infinitesimally perturbed, but WTF, it's still working.)

E.g. ISTR that bits of UbuntuOne have died. I never use U1; I use
DropBox. So I care not. If I could be bothered, I'd completely remove
and uninstall the thing, like I did with Empathy and used to with
Evolution.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884