[ubuntu-uk] Live flash disk image installing extra packages

paul sutton zleap at zleap.net
Thu May 17 15:15:41 UTC 2012

Hi

If I boot a live session using a flash disk,  and install software,
for future use, if I then install from that flash disk will it install
the additional software i have installed at the same time,  I amn asking
as my local youth centre has really locked down internet and I want to
try and install ubuntu / lubuntu along with some extra stuff such as
ruby,  python, python-pygame, scratch etc, from a live session type
install without having to worry about installing after wards through a
filtered connection as this will fail (tried it it blocks stuff) so boot
live session - install and job done all additional stuff installed.
just then a case of reboot and put things were they are needed.

Or should i be using ubuntu / lubuntu studio for this,  ?

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.ubuntu.com

skype : psutton111