[ubuntu-uk] dual boot problem

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Mon May 14 05:57:17 UTC 2012

Hi Norman,

I think the only mistake you made (for future reference out to help others)
was to install grub to the partition rather than the whole of the boot
drive.

To recover now, you boot the live CD and reinstall grub, as others have
suggested. The complete list of instructions is on the grub (or grub2) page
of the Ubuntu wiki, something like http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Grub.

Hope this helps. I followed the instructions about a week ago, and they
were easy to understand.

Neil.

P.S. Sorry for the brevity, this is typed on my phone.