[ubuntu-uk] dual boot problem

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Sun May 13 19:45:09 UTC 2012

Barry, using gparted, the HDD containing Windows XP Pro was partitioned
as you described and all seemed well. The installation process was
started and do something else selected. The partition allocated ext4 was
chosen and then I was warned that I needed to indicate a boot partition
so I chose this partition. The installation completed but, on reboot, it
went straight into Windows. I have confirmed that the two OSs are on the
same drive so I assume I need to do something about Grub. Still,
progress is being made.

Norman