[ubuntu-uk] Mounting NFS shares permanently

Miia Ranta myrtti+ubuntu at gmail.com
Sat May 12 00:23:37 UTC 2012

On 11 May 2012 19:36, Simon Greenwood <sfgreenwood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Across Linux machines, SSHFS  is a viable alternative - that's the SSH
> option in File | Connect to Server in Nautilus.

If the network both the Linux machines are in is secure enough, I
wouldn't swap NFS with SSHFS unless absolutely no other alternatives
are available (including CIFS) as it is noticeably slower in
comparison to non-encrypted sharing methods. YMMV with more powerful
hardware/platform than I had few years ago when I stumbled upon this.

Miia "Myrtti" Ranta
--
GCS/ED/FA/H/P/S/L/O d- s-:+ a31 C++ UL+ P+ L+++ E W+++ N+ o K+ w+(---)
!O M V? PS++ PE>$ Y+ PGP- t+ 5+++ X+ R tv- b+++ DI++++ D-- G e>+++ h-