[ubuntu-uk] Mounting NFS shares permanently

mac ammonius.grammaticus at gmx.co.uk
Fri May 11 19:17:08 UTC 2012

On 11/05/12 19:36, Simon Greenwood wrote:
> Try mounting a share individually with mount -t nfs ip.ad.dr.es:/share
> /mountname but there is a bug that seems to fit your problem:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nfs-utils/+bug/933575

Yes, that looks very similar to my experience.  But I see there's only
one poster, and nothing further since end of March.  :(

> Across Linux machines, SSHFS  is a viable alternative - that's the SSH
> option in File | Connect to Server in Nautilus.

Don't you have to do that manually on every machine every time you start
it?  I could do with the shares mounting automatically (if only because
the Thunderbird profile is on a network share).

As it looks like this may not get fixed in 12.04 any time soon, I think
I'll go back to using Samba (which may no longer have the problems with
unmounting at shutdown that chronically plagued it before, and caused me
to move to NFS in the first place.)

Thanks for taking the trouble to search out the bug report, and for your
suggestion.

mac