[ubuntu-uk] Wireless inkjet printer?

Pete Smout psmouty at live.com
Fri May 11 17:51:35 UTC 2012

On 10/05/12 16:44, Bertie Coopersmith wrote:
> Like Rob Beard, I too have Epson SX435W. I have not tried it over WiFi
> from Ubuntu. It works via USB from Ubuntu 12.04 and over Wifi from
> Windows 7.  I think that a Linux wireless driver for it MIGHT be
> available. I don't wish to experiment with that myself but I'll be
> pleased to hear from someone who has found it to work.
> Bertie Coopersmith.

Hi,

I have an Epson DX4800 (wired) printer that has always worked on ubuntu
when plugged in!

I noticed in Sainsburys the other day that a wireless verion of what
looked like the same printer was going for £45, although I cannot vouch
for the LINUX compatibility if my older model is anything to go by is
should just work!

And you get the advantage of 'non-branded' inks costing £12 per set with
2 blacks

regards#

Pete