[ubuntu-uk] Simple EXIF tag editor

Philip Stubbs philip at stuphi.co.uk
Thu May 10 15:06:33 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have a large quantity of scanned images that I would like to tag
somehow. I could use a program like Shotwell, but the tags etc are
stored in a database and not in the files. What I really want to be
able to do is have a program that will load the image and display it,
and have a couple of input boxes for a description and tags to be
added. These can be saved in the Title and User Comments tags.

If I cant find a program that can do it directly, I am thinking it may
not be too difficult to have write a script that goes through the
Shotwell database and adds the tags, but I don't want to re-invent the
wheel.

--
Philip Stubbs