[ubuntu-uk] Unity - fails to load automatically -- "low-graphics mode crashes"

Matthew Sturdy matt.sturdy at gmail.com
Wed May 9 19:27:08 UTC 2012

On 9 May 2012 21:02, Philip Stubbs <philip at stuphi.co.uk> wrote:

> I also have both installed, but gdm is not used. run this command
>
> sudo dpkg-reconfigure gdm
>
> That should give you the option to set the default.

Cheers Philip, I had just that second made the change... my default was
lightdm, and that was firing at the same time as gdm, and failing.  I have
run a few tests, and lightdm won't start at all.

So: I have used ubuntu-bug to raise a bug from the virtual terminal against
lightdm, and I will stick with gdm for the time being!  Anyone tell me how
to track a bug report retrospectively?  I wasn't able to save the reference
from the virtual terminal.

Thanks again for all the help Philip!!

Mat